facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon
post picture

High castle

A park was laid out on Castle Hill in 1835. After the Emperor visited the place in 1851, it was called "Franz Josef Mountain". In the second half of the nineteenth century, an artificial mound of the Union of Lublin was built over the upper terrace, with an observation deck on top.

More on Lviv Interactive.

post picture

House of the governor

The Governor's House was built in 1878-1880 (architects Feliks Księżarski and Sylwester Hawryszkiewicz). Read more about the building on Lviv Interactive.

Photo: Edward Trzemeski, from the collection of Ihor Kotlobulatov, Urban Media Archive (1890-1892).

1 7 8 9 10 11 26